Paper Rosie Hair Pin Tutorial

>> Sunday, May 30, 2010


I just love the idea of whipping up a bunch of cute hair flowers for my friends for no reason at all, just because it makes them smile!  I created this super fun and easy tutorial for the lovely folks over at Crafty Ideas Weekly so you can surprise your friends, party guests or fellow soccer moms with a pretty handmade bloom to brighten their day too. I learned to make these fun little flowers from my mom when I was a little girl and now I'm sharing it with you. Think of all the lovely cardstock papers you could use to make these beauties fit any occasion!

Supplies -
 4x4 inch square cardstock
1.5x3 inch patterned green cardstock
bobby pin
glue gun
Matte acrylic spray sealer (I used Krylon,my favorite)

 

1- gather material
2 - draw a spiral on 4x4 carstock and draw 2 leaf shapes on green cardstock
3 - cut out along lines of spiral starting at the outside point and cut out leaves
4 - begin to tightly roll the spiral working from outside in
5 - keep spiral help tight
6 - let it go to see it uncoil ever so slightly to a natural rose (this always feels like magic for some reason)
7 - hot glue the little nub (it was the very center of your spiral) down to the rolled flower and hold in place for a few seconds
8 - slide bobby pin on to one leaf then place it on top ofthe second leaf and glue to the flower


                                       

Spray the entire paper flower and leaves with the sealer let dry 15 minutes and spray again.  This makes the bloom waterproof and allows you to wear it again and again. 

So sweet!

6 comments:

Gleeza June 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

I'm going to have make one to wear for myself, very pretty and sweet, thanks for sharing.

Taryn June 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

Yay! I'm glad you liked it, remember you can play around with the paper size and create a ton of cute flowers. Good luck :)

Anthrin June 22, 2010 at 2:09 AM  

..it´s so lovely!!!
I tried it, also with felt (but the paper one look better :o))!

Thanks for sharing!!

Anja

Sweetday February 3, 2014 at 6:15 AM  

This is lovely!
Thanks for sharing!

Amanda March 17, 2014 at 5:54 AM  

Since Facebook is notorious for not letting page owners know when I tag them, I thought I would stop by myself and let you know I featured this post and my readers loved it! https://www.facebook.com/CraftsbyAmanda/photos/a.353593675216.349539.323548680216/10153939544530217/?type=1&stream_ref=10

Amanda March 17, 2014 at 5:55 AM  

Oops, meant to say that I originally linked to your archive page from Facebook, but I just fixed the link to go straight to your tutorial.